Telecommuting – we’ve been doing it for more than 20 years. Throughout the years we’ve learned what works and what doesn’t. We can help you implement what we have mastered for our employees over the last 2 decades while successfully weathering 2 recessions and world events like 9/11. Below you’ll find an overview of what it takes to create a successful home office. Feel free to schedule some time with any of our staff to go over the details of how we’ve implemented these tools in our company and have helped others do the same.
Workspace and Routine– create a dedicated workspace, including an area where you can take phone calls or have video conferences. Create a daily routine that allows for some flexibility as we react to new directives.
- Clockify– time tracker to help you stay on track and be mindful of how you spend your time
- Calendly– online scheduling that works in conjunction with your calendar
- Time Blocking – divide your time among the tasks you have to accomplish each day (you’re a supervisor, schedule “office hours” for non-critical matters)
- Be proactive in communicating your availability – send calendar invites so everyone knows
Communication and Collaborative Platforms (Video Conference/Instant Messaging)
- Zoom– free accounts
- Skype– free accounts
- Microsoft Teams – currently offering free services
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Google Docs
- Ring Central
Daily Meeting – setup a daily video conference for your team. 15 minutes max is ideal. Address your top priorities and mission critical items for the day, and be positive. Each person should come prepared to share good news about something at work orin their personal life. This will help keep you connected in a very realway. If you do nothing else the next two weeks, start here.
- Meditation apps – many are free
- Gratitude Journal – helps keep perspective
- Free workouts and exercise at home opportunities abound! Google your favorite gym,yoga studio or sports product and you’ll see the very generous and creative ways companies are working to keep you fit and sane during this time
- Stay home and stay virtually engaged – we need everyone, including you, to come back to work healthy and happy